Blog of the Year Award
I don’t normally complete (or remember to complete) these round robin type blog award badges thingees, but Paula nominated me for this blog award, and it’s a good one for a Roundup of the year, and an opportunity to nominate Paula back.
Blog of the Year Award Rules
The “Blog of the Year” award is a little different from some other awards, because you accumulate stars.
Here are the ‘rules’ for this award:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs, and even if they have already been given the award by someone else, then you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
For more information check the FAQ on The Thought Palette.
Who Nominated Me, and Who I’m Nominating
Paula Acton nominated this blog for the award. So she can collect another star from me. She was nominated by Vikki, who is also a good reader of my own blog, so I’m reciprocating the circle with my nomination back through to Vikki. There, both can have another star. If you read their blogs you will also find some worth candidates for your e-reader also (as I have done).
My own nominations aside from the above -
- Jennifer Eaton
- Robin Coyle
- Roger Colby
- Joanne Phillips
- Kait Nolan – founder and inspirator of ROW80
- Deniz Bevan
- Cate Russel-Cole
- John Holton
- J.C. Martin
- August McLauchlin – note, her current “Girl Boner” series is centred on sex, for those of a milder reading nature. I think they’re brilliant!
- and so many more…
And a note to two missing blogging buddies who I would have included – Ryan King, who’s site disappeared, and Mike Paulson, who stopped blogging in October.
Note – quite a few of the above probably don’t realise I regularly read them, because 1. I’m not good at providing comments regularly and 2. The permutations on reading blogs nowadays muddies the waters – for instance I have 100 wordpress followers for this blog, and several more on feedreaders, subscriptions etc – but unless I’m around at exactly the right time to notice a notification or new entry hit the stream for those I’m following, it’s a little difficult to track you all down.